Dawn’s Education and Experience
Dawn graduated from University of South Florida with bachelor degrees in Medical Technology and Microbiology. In 1988, while she worked full time at Fleet Bank of Maine, she achieved her Masters in Business at Husson College (now, Husson University) in Bangor, Maine. The concentration for her Masters was in taxation. Dawn then went on and received her Juris Doctorate from Franklin Pierce Law School (now, UNH School of Law) in 1994. Her concentration was in taxation, elder law and business.
During her career, Dawn
- Set up an H & R Block office in Camden, Maine
- Managed the Trust Tax Department for Fleet Bank of Maine
- Worked in public accounting firms as a Tax Accountant
- Is currently a Tax Consultant for CPAs, Financial Planners and Attorneys
- Now operates her own small business in tax, business and legal services
Throughout her career, Dawn has been a successful entrepreneur and understands the business world. She has assisted non-profits in attaining tax exempt status, drafted estate planning documents to assist in minimizing taxation, avoiding or minimizing probate and advised clients regarding effective tools for smoother financial transition to loved ones after death. Dawn has successfully negotiated tax alternative solutions for her clients which include installment agreements, offer in compromise, penalty abatement, and release of levies.
Dawn’s memberships include:
- NH Bar Association
- National Association of Tax Professionals
- American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
Dawn is licensed to practice before the:
- Internal Revenue Service
- U.S. Tax Court
- New Hampshire Courts
- Federal Court
Dawn serves by appointment by the State of New Hampshire as a Notary Public and a Justice of the Peace.